Randstad CPE is currently hiring a skilled Continental Shift Maintenance Engineer in the UK. As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment in a manufacturing or production environment. Your role will involve performing preventive maintenance, responding to breakdowns, and implementing improvements to optimize equipment performance. This position requires technical expertise, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a shift-based environment.
Employer Name: Randstad CPE
Job Location: London, London, EC4R 1BN, UK
Job Position: Continental Shift Maintenance Engineer in UK
No. of Vacancies: 1
Term of Employment: Permanent
Salary: £46000.00 to £48000.00 per year
- Graduation /diploma on Related Field
- 1-2 years of Experience
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment to prevent breakdowns.
- Conduct inspections, lubrication, and adjustments as per maintenance schedules.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities, including completed tasks and parts used.
- Identify and recommend improvements to enhance equipment reliability and performance.
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Diagnose faults, repair or replace faulty components, and restore functionality.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external contractors for complex repairs if necessary.
- Minimize downtime by implementing efficient repair strategies.
- Identify opportunities for process and equipment improvements.
- Propose and implement modifications or upgrades to enhance performance.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to implement improvement projects.
- Stay updated with industry advancements and technological developments.
Health and Safety:
- Comply with health and safety regulations and adhere to safe working practices.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures.
- Report any safety hazards or incidents promptly and participate in incident investigations.
- Promote a culture of safety and contribute to ongoing improvement initiatives.
- Work in a shift-based environment, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Collaborate effectively with other shift engineers and handover relevant information.
- Communicate shift activities and equipment status to ensure continuity of operations.
- Maintain effective communication channels with supervisors and team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant technical qualification in engineering or a related field.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing or production setting.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and repair machinery.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance practices and techniques.
- Familiarity with maintenance management systems and documentation.
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to work in a shift-based environment.
To Apply, Continental Shift Maintenance Engineer in UK Check Here
Also Apply: Shift Technician Hiring in UK- Urgent Required