Fill in the blanks with correct form of verb with examples
1 .Raju ….. Football
2. They are ….. Food
3. He …. about the meeting
4. Rani is ….. a beautiful song.
5. Boss ….. him to the meeting.
6. Please …. the door.
7. Try to …… well in the office.
8. He ….. in a car accident.
9. Rahul ….. in the stage
10. The ball is ….. down
11. She ….. the honey.
12. Rahul …… Teena from the list.
13. Mary ….. hard.
14. The elephant was…. leaves.
15. The dog is …… through the road.
16. She can ….. well.
17. Mohan ……. to the house
18. Madav is …… a letter
19. Usman …… fast
20. Arun is ……. a robot.
21. Please ….. a picture of your dream house.
22. Can you ….. me a packet of biscuits?
23. Ram, ……fast.
24. The kids are ….. from the first floor.
25. Arun is ……. in the room
26. Amala is …….. the cake
- Will cut
27. Neena ……. in a bus
28. The president ….. the prime minister yesterday.
29. The boys and girls are …… in the class.
30. The crow ….. her children.
31. Make sure you …… the lunch tomorrow.
32. The office will not allow….. inside the cabin.
33. The snake was …… by Krishna
34. ….. the door when you leave the room
35. The teacher …….. her students to play the chess.
36. Please …… your project.
37. She…… to the school
38. Sharath …… the phone rang.
39. Wolves …… in the night
40. Don’t ……. your teacher.
41. They ….. loud for his joke
42. He is …… a bird.
43. They are….. about the functions of machines.
44. He….. in the rock, yesterday.
45. Reha …… a busy schedule.
46. The ice- cream ….. in the sun
47. …… your bag on the table.
48. I will …… you a good movie to watch.
49. Kavya is ……. in the chair
50. She is ….. in the fifth standard.
Fill in the blanks with correct form of verb with examples Answer Key
|1) Plays||11) Tasted||21) Draw||31) Bring||41) Laughed|
|2) Cooking||12) Removed||22) Buy||32) Smoking||42) Killing|
|3) forgot||13) Works||23) Run||33) Beaten||43) Learning|
|4) Singing||14) Eating||24) Jumping||34) Close||44) Lay|
|5) invited||15) Running||25) Sleeping||35) Encouraged||45) Maintains|
|6) open||16) Act||26) Cutting||36) Explain||46) Melted|
|7) Behave||17) Came||27) Travels||37) Went||47) Put|
|8) Died||18) Writing||28) Met||38) Heard||48) Recommend|
|9) Danced||19) Walks||29) Fighting||39) Howl||49) Sitting|
|10) Falling||20) Making||30) Feeds||40) Irritate||50) Studying|
What are Verbs and it Forms
Verbs are words that denote an action, occurrence, or state of being. It primarily speaks about the action of an object. The word ‘Verb’ is derived from the Latin word, Verbum, which means the ‘word’. Examples of verbs are Talk, Sing, dance, etc. You can easily identify a verb from a sentence by looking at its position in the English language. Usually, in a sentence, the verb will be placed very next to a noun or pronoun. For example, They play Cricket, He is the noun, and ‘play’ is the action, which precedes the noun ‘they’.
But while using a verb in a sentence, the verb must agree with the subject and follow some rules. If the subject is singular, the verb used must also be singular and if the subject is plural, the verb must be plural. Also, different forms of a verb should be used in each tense.
Different forms of the verb.
- Basic form: The present form of a verb is called the basic form.
Eg: He writes a letter.
- Past Form: It is the past form of a verb.
Eg: He wrote a letter.
- Past participle: This is a non-finite verb form that is also a past form of Verb. Past participle verb form probably ends with “-ed,” “-d,” “-t,” “-en,” or “-n.”
Eg: A letter was written by him
- Present participle: It is a form of the verb that ends with -ing and makes the sentence a continuous tense.
Eg: He is writing a letter.