- 1 Computer Science | SEE 2071 (2015) Paper Solved
- 2 Answer the following questions.
- 3 Numerical Problems.
- 4 Match the following.
- 5 Choose the correct Answer:
- 6 Give appropriate technical term for the following.
- 7 Write the full form of:
- 8 Answer the following questions:
- 9 State whether the following statements are true or false.
- 10 Match the following:
- 11 Answer the following questions:
- 12 Re-write the given program after correcting the bugs.
- 13 Write the output of the following program:
- 14 Study the following program and answer the given questions:
- 15 Write the following programs:
Computer Science | SEE 2071 (2015) Paper Solved
Group A (Fundamental)
Answer the following questions.
- Give two differences between peer-to-peer and client-server network architecture.
Ans: Following are the differences between peer-to-peer and client-server network architecture.
Peer-to-Peer Client-server It has no central server. There are separate dedicated servers and clients in the client/server network. Not good for a database application. It is good for a database application.
- What is the function of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)?
Ans: The function of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is given below:
a) We can update (Delete, rename, move, copy) files at the server.
b) It is the simplest way to exchange files between computers on the Internet, etc.
- What is a cybercrime? Give any two examples.
Ans: Criminal activity committed on the internet is known as Cybercrime.
Following are the examples of cybercrime:
a) Child pornography.
c) Hacking, etc.
- Write any four preventive measures for computer hardware security.
Ans: The four preventive measures for computer hardware security are:
a) Using automatic warnings.
b) Protect from theft and vandalizing.
c) Regular maintenance of computer hardware.
d) using a power protection device such as UPS, etc.
- Write any two medium for Transmission of a computer virus.
Ans: Following are two medium for Transmission of a computer virus.
a) Computer Network/Internet.
b) Removable storage media like Pen drive, CD, DVD, etc.
- Convert As instructed:
i. (108)10 into binary
2 108 2 54 0 2 27 0 2 13 1 2 6 1 2 3 1 2 1 1 2 0 1 ↑
ii. (765)8 into decimal
Octal no. = 7 6 5
Positional weight= 2 1 0
- Perform the binary calculation:
1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 ×
1 0 1 0 1
ii. Divide 1101 by 11
0 0 0 1
Match the following.
- E-commerce → Online Shopping
- Volt guard → Power protection device
- Satellite link → WAN
- Soundcard → Multimedia
Choose the correct Answer:
- Which of the following is the remote login service?
i. Video Conference
Ans: iii. Telnet
- The process of arranging the scattered parts of a file onto a contiguous manner is ……………….
Ans: iii. Defragmentation.
- Which of the following is an audio input device?
Ans: ii. Microphone
- A virus is a type of………….
i. System program
ii. Destructive program
iii. Package program
iv. Web program
Ans: iii. Destructive program
Give appropriate technical term for the following.
- The data carrying capacity of the communication channel.
- The moral principle controls cybercrime.
- Buying and selling product and services online.
- An Integration of text, audio, graphics, and video.
Write the full form of:
- LAN: Local Area Network.
- VOIP: Voice Over Internet Protocol.
- Gbps: Gigabits per second.
- DVD: Digital Versatile Disk.
Group B (Database)
Answer the following questions:
- Write any two advantages of a computerized database.
Ans: Following are the advantages of a computerized database:
a) Efficient data access.
b) Provide concurrent access, etc.
- Name any four objects of Ms-Access.
Ans: Following are the four objects of Ms-Access.
d) A report, etc.
- What is data sorting?
Ans: Data sorting is the process of arranging the records in ascending or descending order with respect to a given field or fields.
State whether the following statements are true or false.
- Graphics can also be stored in Ms-Access.
- The maximum field size of the memo field is 256 characters.
- A form is an object of Ms-Access used for entering data.
- An action query makes changes in the table.
Match the following:
- Indexing → Searching fast
- Report → Final output
- Yes/No → Datatype
- Select query → View data
Group C (Programming)
Answer the following questions:
- Mention types of the procedure used in Qbasic.
Ans: There are two types of the procedure used in Qbasic:
b) Function procedures, etc.
- Write two characteristics of ‘C’ language.
Ans: Following are the two characteristics of ‘C’ language:
a) C is a case-sensitive language.
b) It has a verity of data types to represents different types of data, etc.
- Write the function of the following statements.
i. SHARED: This statement is used to make the variable global between main module and sub-module.
ii. CALL: It is used to call sub-procedures.
Re-write the given program after correcting the bugs.
DECLARE SUB cub(n)
FOR I= 1 TO 5
SUB cube ( )
DECLARE SUB cube (n)
FOR I= 1 TO 5
CALL cube (no)
SUB cube ( )
Write the output of the following program:
DECLARE FUNCTION avge (a,b,c)
PRINT”Average of three numbers”; av
Ans: Output is:
Average of three numbers 10
Study the following program and answer the given questions:
DECLARE SUB stde(n$u)
FOR LOOP = 1 to 5
DATA RAMA, PRATIMA, PRASHANT
DATA NISHA, RUDHRA
PRINT”Name starting from P”
FOR j=1 to 5
IF c$=”P” THEN
- List the library function used in the above program.
Ans: Library function: MID$
- List the conditional statement used in the above program.
Ans: Conditional statement: IF c$=”P” THEN
Write the following programs:
a) WAP using FUNCTION…..ENDFUNCTION to input a string and count the total number of consonants.
DECLARE FUNCTION cons(s$)
INPUT”Enter any string”;w$
PRINT”Total no consonants”;cons(s$)
FOR i= 1 To LEN(w$)
IF m$<>”A” AND m$<>”E” AND m$<>”I” AND m$<>”O” AND m$<>”U” THEN c+c=1
b) WAP using SUB…..END SUB to find area of circle.
DECLARE SUB area( )
INPUT”Enter a radius of circle”;r
PRINT”Area of a circle”; a
c) A data file “salary.dat” contains the information of employee regarding their name, post, and salary. WAP to display all the information of employee whose salary is greater than 15000 and less than 40000.
OPEN “salary.dat” FOR INPUT AS #1
DO WHILE NOT EOF(1)
INPUT #1,n$, p$, s
IF s>15000 AND s<40000 THEN
PRINT “Name”; n$